Thursday, April 13, 2006

Piper Newsflash

Hello all. Some newsy bits for you:

Item: First off, Malach still hasn't helped me set up that damn RSS feed. He tells me he will, tells me to call him, and then when I do he doesn't pick up the phone. For toying with my emotions in such a cruel manner, I implore all of you who read this to go to his blog and unleash a stream of vituperation and abuse upon him. Not that it will work, but it will make me feel better.

Item: Those of you who listened to the St. Patrick's Day Podcast should know this: it seems I will soon get my longtime wish; namely to punt Dr. Murk squarely in the applebag. While this will no doubt be unpleasant for the good doc (you see the boots I wear?), most of you appear to want this, since we got few responses despite the staggering number of downloads of said podcast. Those of you who have no idea what this means should go and download the podcast maintenant!

Item: It seems the asshats over at the Wikipedia Liberation Organization have done an article on yours truly. I'm flattered. It's all true, too...except it's angrypiper.com, not The Angry Piper.com. Douche-nozzles. (I've been waiting to use that. Thanks, Tel) Think you can do better? Post your own article.

Item: Thanks to all who have applied to be my friend so far...I turn down no one (although most of you were already my friends). Nevertheless, you meet some interesting folks on Myspace...check out this guy. A bit theatrical (look who's talking), but he's playing a kind of bagpipe I've only ever seen before in pictures. Wulf, dude- if you by any chance read this blog, drop me a message and explain that instrument. It looks to me like either a droneless bagpipe (a chorus), or one with a bass drone only. I'm really digging the sound, too; eerily haunting and quite good. Too bad you're out West because I'd love to see you guys play.

Item: Tomorrow is Friday, and so you should all make plans to stop by The Angry Piper's Book of the Week for the update. Unless, of course, you're an asshole like this guy. While you're there, checkout any weeks you may have missed. This week: Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver, not to be confused with Pigs in Space, the Muppet soap opera featuring Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork and Miss Piggy. Two very different things.

Item: I've been playing Fantastic Four on Playstation 2. I bought it because I'm a huge fan of the FF, but I have to say that much like the movie, the game is far from Fantastic. In fact, it's so disappointing it could (and should) be called the Mediocre Four. I let Dr. Murk borrow Silent Hill 2 and Fatal Frame (for my thoughts on those go here) it's my hope he shits his pants in terror, and that Mrs. Doctor Murk rubs his nose in it like an errant dog. That would rule.

Item: So how about this whole Gospel of Judas thing?

Usually, I leave all the religious discourse to The Symbol, but this is just too weird: about a year ago I read a book entitled The Gospel of Judas, by Simon Mawer. This fictional work basically dealt with the discovery of a manuscript pre-dating the Gospels, allegedly written by Judas himself, that refutes the divinity of Christ. It falls into the hands of a Catholic priest who has to decide whether to release it, thereby undermining centuries of Catholic doctrine, or whether to keep it secret for the good of a Church he's not certain he believes in any longer. The book was ok- as in I didn't have a strong opinion about it one way or the other-but it coulda been better considering its premise. I passed it on to Dr. Murk about a month ago, because he likes that kinda thing. But now all of a sudden there's a real Gospel of Judas that's supposedly surfaced...and while it doesn't call the divinity of Christ into question, it does paint Judas in a somewhat better light. You see, according to this text, it appears Judas betrayed Christ at Jesus's request, which means that by doing so, he was fulfilling the wishes of Jesus and not throwing him to the wolves. If it's authentic, it certainly calls into question the "suicide" of Judas afterwards, as outlined in two of the four Gospels (don't ask me which ones; I'm so lapsed I don't even care), as well as...well, centuries of Catholic doctrine. Maybe we should wait and see what The Pope has to say about it.

Item: United 93. Too fucking soon. Way too fucking soon.

I'm off to work on the website (and drink beer). TTFN.

9 Comments:

Blogger Malach the Merciless said...

When were you supposed to call today? HUH?

Thu Apr 13, 06:50:00 PM 2006  
Blogger The Angry Piper said...

I called at 4:30. CHECK YOUR FUGGIN' MESSAGES!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 13, 07:28:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Eve said...

Ok the Sesame Street "Dont F**** With Us" picture is priceless. I want to hang that in my office.

Fri Apr 14, 05:47:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Malach the Merciless said...

I was not home yet and really sick later.. Sorry.

Sat Apr 15, 09:55:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Generation Xsquire said...

Boycott United 93 as pure exploitation.

Mon Apr 17, 07:01:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Christopher said...

Oh, Piper... The bet was if we GOT 50 responses, you could kick me in the balls. Listen to the segment. So far we have zero responses.

So, if you want to see video of Piper kicking Dr. Murk square in the balls, download the above mentioned podcast and send message to hex2323@yahoo.com that names all 5 of my favorite beers (all mentioned in the podcast).

If I get 50 responses, Piper kicks me in the balls and I post the video of it. If not, bad break old bean!

Tue Apr 18, 07:34:00 AM 2006  
Blogger The Angry Piper said...

I thought I bet against 50 responses. That was definitely the safer bet...why did I bet the reverse? Man...now I'm never gonna be able to kick you in the balls with impunity.

wordverification: wgktu...which might be the sound you manage to gurgle out after I kick your meat and vegetables with my size 13's.

Tue Apr 18, 09:43:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Hobbs von Wackamole said...

KICK HIM IN THE BALLS!!!

Now, Piper
make your feed link right to your blog page, and send your cohorts the code so we can post it!

Tue Apr 18, 03:05:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Christopher said...

We figured people would respond just for the chance to see my balls kicked in...

Wed Apr 19, 08:34:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home