Monday, April 03, 2006

Announcements and Thanks

OK, so Angrypiper.com has officially been up for less than a week, and it's time to pay some debts.

First, thanks to my therapist, Dr. Robert J. Murk, and my hetero-lifemate, Malach, for all the help with the technical shit. Thanks especially to Malach for the graphics and for making the wicked cool Angry Piper banner that graces my site. Murk also wrote a fine sendoff for yours truly on his blog. Visit it.

Thanks to Spacefarmer, who tirelessly scours the Internet daily for stuff like Dancin' Van Damme, and then conveniently posts it on his blog.

I had dinner (and drinks) last night with Dr. Mantodea. I had a goat cheese and artichoke pizza. He ate some live locusts. We pretty much had the place to ourselves in short order, as you might imagine. During the meal, he informed me it's Man-TOE-dea, not Manto-DAY-uh, which is how I pronounced it in the St. Patrick's Day podcast. I hate when I sound like an uneducated jackass. Guess I need to brush up on my French.

My site's been up for less than a week, and already it's attracted a great deal of interest. More people read this blog than I would ever have guessed. I'm flattered and amazed by this, but not as surprised as I was when I saw the stats on the Book of the Week; who knew there were so many readers out there, and that they actually give a shit about MY opinion?

A LOT of people have visited Angrypiper.com already; more people than I can personally account for by far. I know the rest of you are out there, and it would be swell if you would join the forums. We hope to get some good topics going. Drop by and browse. Join if you've got something to say and want to be heard.

So what can you expect from the website? Well, for one thing, a return to the Angry Piper of old (i.e. the anger will return) in a section entitled "Angry Rants". It's also the new home of The Angry Piper's Book of the Week (formerly at Hill-TV, and still accessible from there). I've been holding to my weekly schedule for almost two months now, so yay me. Updates will usually be on Fridays. There will be articles on bagpiping, podcasts, and a heap of links to great music and cool shit all over the web. Keep in mind it's under construction;not everything's there yet, but it will be soon enough. There's even a way to contact me directly, something I didn't think I'd ever consent to, until I realized chicks might want to send me naked pictures. (Yeah. This is me, holding my breath.)

I will still be involved with Hill-TV (especially now, since I've killed the Generalissimo under contract from Dr. Murk, and I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder). Look there for something from me soon.

This blog will continue to be hosted by Blogger for the time being, but soon I will be moving the whole kit 'n caboodle over to Angrypiper.com. You'll have plenty of advance notice, so quitcher bitchin' before you start.

There's also been some interest from an unexpected source. I can't say much about it now, but some of you know who I'm talking about. Let's all keep our fingers crossed; it could be exciting news indeed.

Man-TOE-dea. Got it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Malach the Merciless said...

Great, now where is my cleveland steamer?

Tue Apr 04, 07:16:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Hobbs von Wackamole said...

What, no thanks to Hobbs???
I saved your freaking LIFE!

you just don't know it yet.

Wed Apr 05, 10:45:00 AM 2006  
Blogger The Angry Piper said...

You made it onto the Friends page. Don't push it, old man.

Wed Apr 05, 03:55:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home