Friday, December 30, 2005

Another Year of Trying to Get my Shit Together

2005 is almost gone. I’ve never been one to make New Year’s resolutions. I figure if one wants to change something about one’s life, one doesn’t need a formal declaration of intent before one starts. However, in the interest of good blogging, I will list my resolutions for 2006 as though I had some, and as though you care what they are.

Get published.
Get a new job.
Move.
Buy a home.

The first three could possibly happen. The fourth is more of a dream than a resolution, but I suppose it could happen if I win Powerball (which I don’t play).

In the words of W.S.: If we shadows have offended/ Think but this, and all is mended… The Angry Piper is a character; comprised of equal parts fiction and truth. Apologies to those whose feelings were hurt by my rantings. Most of my barbs point inward, and if one stung you it was likely unintentional.

Unless, of course, you’re an Evangelical Christian or a Bush supporter. Or Dr. Murk. Or an ignorant cell phone user. God help you if you’re an ignorant cell phone user. The frothy venom of outrage from my screaming lips cannot soak thee enough.

Happy New Year to all who read this blog. I’d say it won’t be more of the same next year, but I’d be lying.

Hopefully you’ll come back anyway.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

3 out of 4 is not too bad for 1 year Piper. Thats 75% Oh I am such a math genius. Arent you glad you know me. Best of luck in 2006 I know you will do well.

Fri Dec 30, 08:11:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Malach the Merciless said...

Man wait until you hear the clusterfuck that is the Third Option Radio show

Fri Dec 30, 11:25:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Michelle, the moon rabbit said...

Can't wait to hear that one.

And best wishes for next year Piper

Cheers

Sat Dec 31, 12:28:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Christopher said...

Todays hint: There was an actual fist fight during the show. See the forums to vote on who you think hit who.

Sat Dec 31, 06:33:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Nada said...

Perhaps, you and I should have a bet as to who gets published first this year. The loser has to buy the winner a Guinness. Maybe that will give you incentive to get some of your erudite prose put on pulp.

Wed Jan 04, 11:06:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home