Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Piper's Christmas List

Bought myself most of my presents this year. I said I wasn’t going to do it, but I did anyway.

Here’s what I would unwrap this year if I was dumb enough to wrap presents to myself in the first place:

My eh-eh-eh satellite radio. Bought it so I could listen to Howard Stern. Keeping my fingers crossed that his uncensored show doesn’t turn into endless fart jokes and lesbian interviews, as I think he’s pretty damn funny when he focuses on other stuff. (I was never one to find farts funny, and I am relatively indifferent regarding lesbians.)

My book list is somewhat extensive, but that’s true whether I buy them myself or request them from Santa. One of the very bestest gifts anyone can get me for Christmas is a Barnes & Noble gift card in any denomination, as I take all of them and go on an orgiastic book-buying spree soon after Christmas. Here’s what I got myself this year:

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, by Michael Chabon
The Perfumed Sleeve, by Laura Joh Rowland
Demonology, by Rick Moody
Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman
Adrift on the Haunted Seas: The Best Short Stories of William Hope Hodgson
Gormenghast, by Mervyn Peake
Rules for Old Men Waiting, by Peter Pouncey

My video game list is smaller, but was a tough one to narrow down. I got myself:

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse
Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented

That last one was tough; it was a toss-up between Resident Evil 4 and Fatal Frame 3. In the end I went with the series that has made me change my shorts more (Fatal Frame games are scary). I really want The Warriors (Caaaan Youuuu Diiiig IT?), but I’m thinking seriously about going back and getting Fantastic Four, to make it a superhero hat trick. Or maybe Dragon Quest VIII. Because I need another 80+ hour role playing time sink since there was no Final Fantasy game this year.

My last gift to myself was my calendar, or in this case, calendars. Last year I got a Frank Frazetta wall calendar and a really lame desk calendar entitled “Well, Duh!” about dumb(and supposedly funny) things people have done. It turned out to be remarkably un-funny. This year I went with a Marvel Superheroes wall calendar and the Daily Show America desk calendar.

I’m proud of myself. No comics and no toys this year (not counting my PS2 games). After all, I’m trying to get rid of that stuff.

12 Comments:

Blogger Michelle, the moon rabbit said...

You didn't buy Gun? That looks pretty creepy...from what I've seen anyway. And no comic books?!?! What is wrong with you!??!?! Sheesh!

Merry Christmas and blessed Yule and all that other jazz!!

Tue Dec 20, 04:13:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Malach the Merciless said...

What about the leather Assless chaps?

Tue Dec 20, 05:48:00 PM 2005  
Blogger The Angry Piper said...

Gun almost made my list. Normally, I'm all about killin' folk with a shootin' iron, but it got mediocre reviews and one of my friends played it and said it was "ok".

And Malach, I don't wear the pair you bought me last year. Stop wishing, dude. It ain't gonna happen.

Tue Dec 20, 07:54:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Malach the Merciless said...

rubbersuitman@rubbersuitstudios.com

Wed Dec 21, 07:36:00 PM 2005  
Blogger The Angry Piper said...

Thanks, Malach.

Tel, I don't post my email address on my blog cuz there are a lot of crazed EC's out there. But if you send any correspondence to Mr.Rubbersuitman, he'll make sure I get it.

He's my lackey.

Wed Dec 21, 10:42:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Eve said...

No black sweat pants... what gives!

Wed Dec 21, 11:35:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Christopher said...

Hey, stop wasting time and go to the forums and BOMB WIKIPEDIA!

I'll make you famous.

Thu Dec 22, 09:44:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Generation Xsquire said...

The Angry Piper prefers blue sweatpants. In fact, I believe he wore the same pair of blue sweat pants through much of high school.

Tue Dec 27, 06:26:00 PM 2005  
Blogger The Angry Piper said...

No, they were black. With a pair of Chinese slippers. And I got even tougher when I took off my shirt.

Just like Bruce Lee.

Tue Dec 27, 06:32:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Christopher said...

Dragon Quest VIII... yummy. I've just logged my first two hours. See you Friday! Actually, will I?

SpaceFarmer and Malach are taking the 3 am red eye on the Lear to be here by 6 pm for some recording and pre-new years eve haps. No dice and paper though...

What say ye?

Oh, and Angry Veteran... I'm watching you, boy.

Wed Dec 28, 12:58:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Piper!

Fri Dec 30, 03:37:00 PM 2005  
Blogger The Angry Piper said...

right back at ya, XT

Fri Dec 30, 04:10:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home