Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Pssst.....

See that new thingie on the right, underneath that handsome profile picture of yours truly? That's my new RSS feed. Thanks to Malach for the help in getting it up and running the way I want it. Here's the deal...click on it, subscribe to my feed, and you'll be made aware of every update on this blog and on Angrypiper.com. Then you can visit either one your leisure.

Now that I have a RSS feed, coming to my sites randomly in hopes of an update is for Melvins. It's kinda pointless with the feed and all, but if you still do it that way it'll drive up my webtraffic, so whatever; it's win-win for me.

There will be a special edition of The Angry Piper's Book of the Week this Friday. Stay tuned for details (or subscribe to my RSS feed).

I'm addicted to Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. The soundtrack features a lot of uilleann pipe music. In the cold winter months when he's not planting trees, my brother is a commercial fisherman. He's told me stories of nightmare weather conditions and waves that dwarf the boat, not to mention some of the nasty things he drags out of the nets-things that would make a billygoat puke. But nothing he's ever told me compares to one episode of Deadliest Catch. I worry about my brother when he's out fishing, but I thank Christ he's not crabbing on the Bering Sea. I'm fascinated by this show; any time I think my job sucks I think about what these guys do for a living. Anyone who thinks Alaskan King Crab fishermen are overpaid should watch one episode of Deadliest Catch.

Started a new PS2 game-The Bard's Tale. So far I'm loving it; I'm only twenty minutes into the game and I'm already hearing bagpipe music. I have a feeling I'm gonna like this game.

Personal message to Auntie Sassy: Sass, I don't know if you even read this blog anymore, but I just figured I'd let you know that your boyfriend Nathan Fillion is in Slither. I don't know if he's worth watching a movie about space slugs; it looks kinda gross. But I just figured I'd tell you (I'm sure you knew already).

And re: your comment on my Myspace page: Don't hate me 'cuz I'm beautiful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Piper.

Help.

Beer overload.

Advice?

Wed Apr 19, 12:59:00 AM 2006  
Blogger The Angry Piper said...

What makes you think I know what to do?

Drink plenty of water. Tylenol won't hurt, either.

Wed Apr 19, 05:44:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Malach the Merciless said...

You are looking like an erotic vulture!

Wed Apr 19, 08:37:00 AM 2006  
Blogger JenL said...

And done. Now I won't have to just pop over for the heck of it. I'll know when to pop over.

I loved Pigs in Heaven when I read it years ago. And the Bean Trees. Her book on a copper mine strike was quite good. I wasn't whelmed by The Poisonwood Bible, though.

Fri Apr 21, 12:01:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home