Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Did you know...

that twenty people subscribe to my RSS feed? That's twenty more people than I would have thought would ever give a shit about my ramblings. They were even subscribing when it was broken! I don't know who you all are, but thanks. I'm flattered. For the rest of you, it's fixed now...so subscribe!

This month I have decided on a theme for my Book of the Week columns. Each week I'll be reviewing something in the realm of "cult fiction"; some of the weirdest, coolest, most bizarre works I've ever had the pleasure to read. This theme was inspired by Freya, my good buddy who sometimes sends me books from her island home, manymiles away(thanks for the latest batch, dear-you rock). She sent me a book once upon a time called The Rough Guide to Cult Fiction. I really enjoyed it. (She sent me the Rough Guide to Cult Movies too. She's swell.)

Anyway, the reviews this month will focus on books that could have easily made the Rough Guide. In fact, some of them did. Case in point: this week's review; a little number entitled A Clockwork Orange. Should be worth a malenky bit of a viddy, O my brothers.

Been to the Hill lately? A lot of commotion over there. Last time I dropped by I saw Dr. Murk overturning tables and screaming "Leave my Father's HOUSE!" Leave my Father's HOUSE!!" (He can get a bit Biblically theatrical, can the good doc.) He's taken over Hill-TV, killed the Generalissimo, cleaned out all the dead wood and banished the moneylenders from the Temple. A clean sweep; the best of the old and space for the new. It's all his show now; a veritable Murktopia. Check it out.

Speaking of dead wood, Deadwood starts its third season on HBO next week. Best. Show. Ever.

Several weeks back I hinted at a big announcement. I know it hasn't happened yet. Be patient; bureaucracy is slow.

Here's a completely unrelated teaser:

Hurst is coming, and he's bringing sharp stuff.

Oh...and Malach sux.

3 Comments:

Blogger Malach the Merciless said...

But what is it that I suck?

Fri Jun 09, 08:40:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Christopher said...

I am the original one man orgy!

Thu Jun 15, 05:20:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Christopher said...

One man orgy... anyone? Malach? Piper? Hobbs?

Fri Jun 16, 10:18:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home