Wednesday, April 27, 2005

First post.

Hello all.
I begin this blog with regard to those of you who have recently received my somewhat verbose emails on a variety of subjects, mostly centering around events in my life and/or my opinions on things, but mostly in response to one friend who, upon receipt of said emails, hastily sent a one-liner back to me. To wit: "Get thee a blog."

I completely understand the annoyance of an inbox full of unwanted crap (who doesn't?). I also loathe being tacked onto email lists where it seems the majority of the recipients don't know the difference between "Reply" and "Reply to All", thus ensuring everyone on the list gets to read their insipid comments (and the ensuing responses to their comments, ad infinitum) regardless of their lack of significance or relevance to any but the original sender. And so, lest anything *I* write be unwanted crap, or worse, an inbox full of irrelevancies, my blog is born. You have to want to read it in order to get it.

I have my doubts that anyone will actually read this with any regularity. In fact, I voiced that very doubt to the very same friend at whose urging this blog was conceived, and she said I might be surprised. I think she was being polite. Guess we'll see.

For those who got the emails (otherwise known as my friends), it'll be more of the same. For those who didn't, it'll be me spouting forth on things that interest me (e.g.: writing, reading, comics, bagpiping), things that baffle me (Tom Green's career) and things that just piss me off(censorship in the name of morality).

See you soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading. :)

Now make me laugh, damn you.

Wed Apr 27, 07:31:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... Goodie.

Now I can taunt you in public.

Thu Apr 28, 09:48:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home